Useful Documents and Links:

How to Report Dead Wild Birds:

If you suspect a problem, say something immediately. Report sick birds or unusual bird deaths to state officials. Wildlife rehabilitators and the public can report bird die-offs, especially raptors and waterfowl, through the Wildlife Health Event Reporter at These reports are being monitored daily by wildlife and animal health officials. Veterinarians should contact the Mississippi Board of Animal Health (601-359-1170 or animal disaster hotline 1-888-722-3106) or the USDA Veterinary Services office (601-936-8580)