USDA has released reimbursement numbers for virus elimination activities (cleaning, disinfecting) on infected properties. This money can be paid to the grower, the integrator or an approved contractor to accomplish the task.
- Turkey $3.55 / bird
- Layer $6.45/ bird
- Broiler $1.15 / bird (This is an estimate based on industry averages because no broiler flocks were affected in the previous outbreak)
Click here for more information on USDA’s updated HPAI Fall Plan.
Useful Documents and Links:
- All In or All Gone: Protect your home. Protect your livelihood.
- Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza in Poultry: What to Expect if you Suspect
- Biosecurity Measures to Combat Avian Influenza Threat
- Highly Pathenogenic Avian Influenza Biosecurity Checklist
- Poultry Biosecurity Brochure
- HPAI Biosecurity Resources for Industry
- HPAI Biosecurity Video – Dr. Helen Wojcinski